I skipped the week before last because there was bad weather here at Lake of the Ozarks and no one showed up for Trivia, so we did one round and went home.
Last week we had a full game of 90’s trivia, but I am just now getting the chance to post it because I have been busy, so I will do the last two weeks of trivia and hopefully get this posted before Western Themed trivia tonight!
So, being in a hurry, let’s get started.
Two Weeks ago. Questions Every American Should Know. (10 Points Per Question)
1. How many branches of Government are there? A) 3 B) 4 C) 2 D) 5
2. Who is head of the Executive Branch? A) Vice President B) President C) Chief of Staff D) Speaker of the House
3. On what day of the year do we vote for President? A) First Tuesday in November B) An appointed Tuesday in November C) The First Tuesday after a Monday in November D) Last Tuesday in November
4. How many voting members of the House of Representatives are there? A) 435 B) 236 C) 372 D) 50
5. If both the President and Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes the President? A) Speaker of the House B) Secretary of State C) The Presidents oldest son D) The Attorney General
6. How many Justices are on the Supreme Court? A) 10 B) 7 C) 9 D) it depends on how many the president says
7. What is the National Anthem? A) God Bless America B) Star Spangled Banner C) Courtesy of the Red White and Blue D) America the Beautiful
8. How many red stripes are on the American flag? A) 7 B) 6 C) 13 D) 8
9. What is the Supreme Law of the Land? A) Bill of Rights B) the Declaration of Independence C) The Constitution D) Beer E) Magic 8 Ball
10. Who appoints the Supreme Court Justices? A) The President B) The Remaining Supreme Court Justices C) The People D) The Senate
11. What are the first words of the Constitution A) We the People B) When in the course of human events C) Four score and seven years ago
12. What is an Amendment? A) A law signed by the President B) A change to the
Constitution C) A change to the Constitution made by the State Governments
Round 1. I Love the 90’s (10 Points per question)
1- What was the most popular name for U.S. Baby girls from 1995 through 1999? A) Ashley B) Emily C) Jessica D) Elizabeth
2- What City hosted the last Grateful Dead jam to include Jerry Garcia? A) Las Vegas B) Boston C) Chicago D) Seattle
3- What director cast his goddaughter Gwyneth Paltrow in her first role as Wendy in the movie Hook?
4- What pizza outfit was hyping its “Bigfoot” pie on a blimp that smacked into a Manhattan apartment building in 1993?
5- What country songstress wrote the Whitney Houston Chart-topper “I Will Always Love You”?
6- Britney Spears’ first national radio release song was? A) Baby, One More Time B) You Drive Me Crazy C) Sometimes D) Toxic
7- Mr. Feeny was the teacher in which popular TV show? A) Beverly Hills, 90210 B) Saved By the Bell C) Boy Meets World D) Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
8- What was Tommy’s last name in Rugrats? A) Pickles B) Johnson C) DeVille D) Finster
9- The original flavor of the Dunkaroos cookies was A) Cinnamon B) Chocolate C) Vanilla
10 – *NSYNC consisted of Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and who else? A) Joey McIntyre B) Chris Kirkpatrick C) Jeff Timmons D) Bryan Littrell
11 – What was the boy’s name in Pokemon? A) Onix B) Poli C) Ash D) Kai
12 – What flavor soda was Surge? A) Orange B) Grape C) Citrus D) Grapefruit
Round 2. I Love the 90’s (20 Points per question)
1- Who wrote the book series “Goosebumps”? A) Louis Lowry B) R.L. Stine C) Dav Pilkey
2- “You are my fire, the one desire” are the first words of which 90’s boy band? A) *NSYNC B) Backstreet Boys C) 98 Degrees D) Boyzone
3- Which company made Oreo O’s cereal? A) Post B) General Mills C) Kellogg’s D) Always Save
4- Jagged Little Pill is an album by which singer? A) Christina Aguilera B) Whitney Houston C) Mariah Carey D) Alanis Morissette
5- In Spice Girls, Mel B was known as A) Posh Spice B) Naughty Spice C) Scary Spice D) Sporty Spice
6- What character had blonde hair, Beavis or Butthead?
7- Which of the following was NOT a player in Super Mario Cart? A) Toad B) Luigi C) Crash D) Princess Peach
8- ‘White Mystery’ was a flavor of which candy? A) Dum Dums B) Laffy Taffy C) Warheads D) Airheads
9- Full House took place in which city? A) San Francisco B) Chicago C) Los Angeles D) Boston
10- “Waterfalls” was the popular song by A) Salt-N- Peppa B) TLC C) All Saints D) Destiny’s Child
11- What was the name of Ross and Rachel’s baby in the show Friends? A) Lily B) Kelsey C) Emma D) Alexis
12- This game featured three inputs – “Bop it”, “Pull it” and A) Slap it B) Twist it C) Yank it D) push it
Round 3. I Love the 90’s (20 Points per question)
1- What 1996 movie featured John Travolta as a molting angel who smelled like cookies?
2- What website did the founder of Echo Bay Technology Group register when he found that echobay.com was already taken?
3- Who became the youngest artist to win an Album of the year Grammy, for Jagged Little Pill?
4- Which movie won the 1998 Oscar for best original screenplay? A) Good Will Hunting B) Titanic C) Saving Private Ryan D) Armageddon
5- What event became known as The Whack Heard Round the World? A) A hole in one by rookie Tiger Woods in his first PGA Tournament B) Mark McGuire’s grand slam home run to
take the lead in the World Series C) The physical altercation between Stephen and Irene on MTV’s The Real World D) The attack on figure skater Nancy Kerrigan
6- What was the most popular name for U.S. baby boys for nine years during the 90? A)Travis B) David C) Michael D) Austin
7- What was the name of the sheep who was the first successfully cloned animal in 1996? A) Molly B) Dolly C) Katie D) Clone 1
8- What does the acronym JNCO (The brand name of those gargantuan jeans) stand for? A) Just Not Corporately Organized B) Judge None, Choose One C) Journey now, Carry On D) Jeans
Now Comfortably Oversized
9- What band did drummer David Grohl audition for at the Duthman rehearsal room in Seattle?
10- What did Seinfeld’s Frank Constanza want to call the bra for men that his co-inventor Kramer dubbed the Bro?
11- What brand of shoes did all 39 members of the Heaven’s Gate cult wear to meet their comet?
12- Who blurted Fight the real enemy and tore up a photo of the Pope on Saturday Night Live in 1992?
Please comment with your score!
Like, share and comment on all Chop’s Guide articles and help us reach more people.
Two Weeks Ago Answers:
Round 1 Answers:
1- B) Emily
2- C) Chicago
3- Steven Spielberg
4- Pizza Hut
5- Dolly Parton
6- A) Baby One More Time
7- C) Boy Meets World
8- A) Pickles
9- A) Cinnamon
10- B) Chris Kirkpatrick
11- C) Ash
12- C) Citrus
Round 2 Answers:
1- B) R. L. Stine
2- B) Backstreet Boys
3- A) Post
4- D) Alanis Morissette
5- C) Scary Spice
7- C) Crash
8- D) Airheads
9- A) San Francisco
10- B) TLC
11- C) Emma
12- B) Twist it
Round 3 Answers:
3- Alanis Morissette
4- A) Good Will Hunting
5- D) The attack on figure skater Nancy Kerrigan
6- C) Michael
7- B) Dolly
8- B) Judge None, Choose One
10- The Manssiere
12- Sinead O’Connor
Be sure to hit up Kyle for all of your DJ needs around Lake of the Ozarks.
Inside Out Entertainment